ich -1 QT tank, 2 fishes, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys iv got a yellow tang in my QT. He is about 4 days now and iv noticed some whitw spots on his fins (classic ich signs) so I started soaking food in "GVH fish food soak" with tons of vitamins, HUFAs, garlic. And "cupramine" copper treatment from saechem.

BUT iv noticed my newest addition to the DT which is a coral beauty iv noticed the same type of white spots, very small spots. But now that its in my DT I'm kinda freakin out and hoping the parasite hasn't taken serious messures and isn't everywhere yet...

I need to get him out in QT. Only got a 10g QT tank with the tang already inside... now I know this isn't enough room for two fish in QT.

Any possible ideas? I can't trat the whole tank because of the inverts. I do my homework on everything I get and have and this seems like a nasty thing to have in a DT. What mesures can I take to prevent it from spreading (if it does) in the DT and what should I do about the coral B. Inside DT?

Hey thank you! I decided to treat the tang that's in the QT with 'cupramine' and soak food with 'GVH with garlic, tons of vitamins, HUFA's, enriched with phytoplankton. And feed high vitamine c enrished foods and soak a dried saeweed blank and leave it on a clip to graze.

It says to leave dose of copper in for 14 days than test and dose again. But how does my daily water changes in the QT gonna effect that?

Back
Top Bottom