Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rook7893

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Last week I found out what ich was because I lost 4 cherry barbs to it. My rainbow shark has managed to hold on though. I started a treatment and started to see improvments so I reduced my treatment to once a day instead of twice. the very next day my 2 remaining cherry barbs have the white dots on all fins and one is obviously stressed and probably wont make it through the day. I have quarintined it to the best of my ability. This specific barbs jaw also seems to be stuck open and I'm not sure why. My rainbow sharks color has also started to fade. Does anyone know what I should do next? This has become pretty frustrating since this is my first tank.:banghead:

Have to get your salinity down to 1.09 gradually. As the salinity decreases, the sick fish will be able to breath easier and will begin to recover. Some use copper treatment but salinity treatment is the best way. Make sure you do a salinity treatment in the DT also. You will need to move all your invertebrates to the QT tank with the fish with ICH. (invertabrates won't get ich)

Also, begin increasing the temperature of the water to 78, this will shorten the attachment life cycle of the ICH.

Yur advice is very inaccurate temp does nothing to saltwater ick dt does not need hypo u will kill inverts take fish out and put in qt for 6 weeks doing hypo as yur doing hypo yur dt tank is fishless and ick needs a host or it dies after 6 weeks no host u will have no ick in dt

The op said his fish is on the verge of dying because of the ich. If he gradually heats the water the ich will detach itself from the fish quicker. Combine this with hypo salinity, it's the best shot that he has outside of copper treatment.

You are correct on moving the fish as that will get rid of the ich.

Has anyone realized he has a freshwater tank with freshwater ich? He posted in the wrong forum lol.

Sorry I didn't notice I was in the wrong section until it was to late.
I'm new to the site and I'm still figuring it out.
I apologize for any confusion.

Back
Top Bottom