Ich !! And other diseases !!! Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterfish56

Aquarium Advice Activist
Within a few days my fish were covered in ich ,white filmy like strings attached to them , clumsy eyes , my blue hippo tang seemed to be bleeding under the skin and is now dead , clown fish just died this morning , my other clown fish and chromis look pretty bad but are eating just fine , my yellow tang has a patch of skin missing on his side and now is red on his side , hermit crabs and fish are wiling out quick one by one ,, what in the world is happening ? Please help

Try posting pics for ID or look up symptoms of ick and velvet.

I am having the same problem now. Fish were healthy no visible issues in Q tank for 24 ago.

Yesterday Coral beauty found dead. Yellow tang covered in what I identify as Ick. Tomato clown is covered by slime and white dots.

Started copper sulfate treatment yesterday.

Oh also do read the "sticky" in this section.

Only thing I can advice is hospital tank and copper hope its not too late.

Yeah but my question is , how the heck do I get it out of my water, if all my fish die , and the. A wait a few weeks to add fish , won't the same thing happen again ?

I think u have to raise temp. And wait 6-8 weeks. If all fish die. I would still quarantine new fish for 6 weeks minimum to make sure they don't carry anything.

My fish had onset of ick on day 24 of the quarantine.

Yeah but my question is , how the heck do I get it out of my water, if all my fish die , and the. A wait a few weeks to add fish , won't the same thing happen again ?
No,,leave your tank empty fora minimum of 8 weeks and it will die off..No fish to host = dead parasites

I have tomato clown not eating not even with garlic. Copper treatment day 1. Any suggestions??? He is coved in white.

I had this problem in my FW but never in my SW knock on wood please, but what I have done in the past to help some of my SW friends is to do the following:

move the temp a bit higher than normal 82-84
make the water salinity higher by a bit I cant quite remember the specs
double up on ick medication as follow:
buy ICH attack Organic made from organic matter, this one is a beauty because you can go crazy with it and it wont kill anything besides the ick
at the same as this is going on add the blue iodine treatment I cant quite remember the name but it is made by API if i am not mistaken it is the ICK super blue iodine, be careful if you have crabs/snails/starfish they will suffer from the blue iodine.
by doing this I have seen my friends tanks cure a lot faster than other suggestions, I picked this up on a local trip to the SeaWorld San Antonio, so its no BS.

ML42 said:
I had this problem in my FW but never in my SW knock on wood please, but what I have done in the past to help some of my SW friends is to do the following:

move the temp a bit higher than normal 82-84
make the water salinity higher by a bit I cant quite remember the specs
double up on ick medication as follow:
buy ICH attack Organic made from organic matter, this one is a beauty because you can go crazy with it and it wont kill anything besides the ick
at the same as this is going on add the blue iodine treatment I cant quite remember the name but it is made by API if i am not mistaken it is the ICK super blue iodine, be careful if you have crabs/snails/starfish they will suffer from the blue iodine.
by doing this I have seen my friends tanks cure a lot faster than other suggestions, I picked this up on a local trip to the SeaWorld San Antonio, so its no BS.

Thank you. I will search into this.
I am using "Mardel Coppersafe". Can I switch over? I have seen ICh attack in lfs.

If u put copper sulfate in the tank with yur snails hermits that's why they are dieing . As for raising temp and all that works in fresh but not salt ...copper or hyposalinity in a qt tank is only proven methods garlic in food helps immune system and allows some to fight the parasite off its not a cure but helps ...

I am doing this in my bare bottom QT. tang is eating but clownfish is not. Not even frozen food with garlic.

Try cut up tuna not in can fresh from grocery store I got a clown eating with that befor

If all my fish die , what can I do to get the disease out of my tank? The ich is gone now , I'm looking at like fungus now slimy white coating on my fish

This was as close and I got , and now his tail is slowly disappearing , I am soo frustrated idk what to do , anyone please help , I mean this tank has only been running for 2 months and already gone bad , I'll do anything :(

image-1257917053.jpg

Attachments

• image-2896737465.jpg
    image-2896737465.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 126
I think? my clownfish have Brooklynella it's covered in slime and eyes getting cloudy. Not scratching, not going to top of water. Just breathing really fast and sitting in one position. Not eating.
It's with yellow tang in copper Qt tank.
Can I take him out and give formalin bath?

Or should I move him in new tank with fresh saltwater and than do this? Confused???

Here are some pics I was able to get.

Attachments

• image-1665197657.jpg
    image-1665197657.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2261658473.jpg
    image-2261658473.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 114
U can give him a fresh water dip to releave him but not a cure go to that site and it has direction on what to do

Back
Top Bottom