ich attack? does it work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly0707

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any luck with this?

If I set up. Qt tank is 5 gallons big enough for 6 fish....how do I get it to cycle I dont want to wat a few weeks? All fish have spots but it look like the stuff floating around in the water like salt wasnt mixed well.

Ich attack might work with freshwater ich, but it's fairly useless against marine ich.
For the qt tank, you can keep it mostly bare using filter media from the dt. So, get an HOB filter and run it in the DT for a week or two, then move it to the QT tank to transfer bacteria. This won't keep up with a huge bioload, though. You'll need to do almost daily water changes.

Any luck with this?

If I set up. Qt tank is 5 gallons big enough for 6 fish....how do I get it to cycle I dont want to wat a few weeks? All fish have spots but it look like the stuff floating around in the water like salt wasnt mixed well.
what kind of fish do you have if there large then no 5 gal. is not big enough. Did you do a water change to suspect it might be salt.If its ich I doubt they will last a week or two

Last edited:
Just did water change late sun night.

I have 2 percula clowns
Six line wrasse
Purple dottyback
Fire fish

They are all small

I would at least get a ten gal. just to be sure. Take some of you filter media and maybe a few pieces of rock if you have extra, that will help seed the tank only drawback to the rock is it will absorb some of the copper if your going that route so you'll need to get a copper test kit so you know when you've reached the proper dosage. Also you will have to check for the ammonia level.

Back
Top Bottom