Ich outbreak :(!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I woke up this morning and turned on my tank light and to my suprise (unpleasantly) just about every fish in my tank has white spots all over it.

I have had these guys for at least a month now, most of them 3-6 months. So far they are still eating well, so maybe they will be able to kick the parasite, but in case they don't I want to be prepared to try and save them. I also have inverts in the tank so I was trying to think of ways to treat this properly without killing them.

Thanks for you help!

The inverts will not host ich. You will need to set up a QT, ASAP. While your QT is setting up, soak thier food in garlic extreme. Keep in mind, this will not solve the problem, but it may help their immune systems, to help them fight off any secondary infections.
What are you water parameters?
Salinity/temp as well.

Where or what Garlic Extreme are people buying?

Secondly. How long do you keep your fish in QT? Beyond the dot's going away for xx Days?

You`ll treat your fish in the QT. Your main needs to be fishless for 8 weeks to break the life cycle of the parasite.

Back
Top Bottom