Ich questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcmcoker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am in the middle of doing a hypo treatment in my display tank because I don't have a qt or the means to set on up. I understand that the hypo treatment will kill my live rock. My question is should I get a bottle of colony or other nitrifying bacteria for when I'm done with the treatment to help speed up the process of bringing my LR back to life

Someone once said that some of the BB will reanimate when the salinity goes back up. But as much as I dislike instant cycling additives for initial setups, this may be a case where it is warranted.

Yeah once the hypo treatment is over I don't want to spend the following 4 weeks or more battling ammonia and nitrites waiting for bb to return sufficient levels.

I know that provided the fish pull through the treatment that they will be the factors that contribute to the reanimation of of the bb. But after having gone through 6 to 8 weeks of stress from the hypo, I don't want to make them suffer another 4 weeks of poor water conditions due to the lack of bb. So I was just curious if anyone had experience with this.

Back
Top Bottom