Ich right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wbartsch

Aquarium Advice Activist
So this guy is looking like he will be dead by the time im back from classes and him being my only fish, im wondering how long to wait before i can safely introduce new fish to the tank. Ich cant live on inverts like hermits snails or coral right?

Heres a pic

Attachments

• image-3931725199.jpg
    image-3931725199.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 98
If he's swimming around and eating, you may be able to still treat him in a QT tank with either copper or hypo salinity. If he is dead, you need your tank to be fish less for 8 week.

Even if he survives in a QT you need to leave him out of the DT for a good 8 weeks.
Ich won't reproduce on corals and inverts so they are safe.

Even if he survives in a QT you need to leave him out of the DT for a good 8 weeks.
Ich won't reproduce on corals and inverts so they are safe.

QT should be at least 8 weeks anyway, which will leave the tank fallow for the right amount of time. But agreed nonetheless

I dont have a QT and dont really have the oportunity to get one so i guess ill just let him go and be fishless for 8 weeks :/ sad life

I would try to save him ... If he lives you ca buy qt a then let the display tank sit 8 weeks
Either try to save him or euthanize him don't let him suffer

I cant buy a qt tank i already have the max gallons i can have where i live. So 8 weeks thanks guys

I cant buy a qt. Honestly all that plus the medication would be more expensive than just buying a new fish haha

I cant buy a qt. Honestly all that plus the medication would be more expensive than just buying a new fish haha
that's not good way to think, it's just a fish that was cheap . Qt won't cost that much as only one fish, even read people setting one up with big plastic tube.

Probably shouldn't be getting into saltwater tanks if your not going to spend any money to take care of it IMO...get a 5 gal bucket and a small hang on the tank pump($15-$25) and make a quarantine tank and do things the right way instead of the cheap way out...a piece of large PVC pipe in the tank makes a good hiding place for the fish while it's being medicated...around $10-$14 is all the medication is to treat the fish and any local fish store will have it in stock...if that is too much money for you to spend you should sell your tank lol

I have a 32 gallon roughneck trashcan that I started using for a quarantine tank. Clip on light on the side and a canister filter.

Back
Top Bottom