Ich treatment and coral problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LensReef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1. Type & how long you have had it: Varies from many years to 6 months
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: Radion Pro (x3)
3. Nitrate: 0
4. Calcium: 380
5. Phosphate: <.25
6. Alkalinity: 9.8
7. pH:8.26
8. Salinity: 1.024
9. Temperature: 76
10. Liquid or strip test kits: Liquid
11. Location in tank: Various
12. Current amount of flow: Various
13. Current tank dosing regimen: 2 part calcium / alk daily
14. Nearby coral: Various
15. Explanation of problem:

I recently treated my tank for an ich outbreak and my corals are doing poorly. Its likely a case of doing too much, too fast and I should have known better. I was told at my LFS that kick-Ick has been used by a lot of customers with no troubles, and that treating the fish food with Metro would be a benefit. At the same time, I started feeding my fish seaweed that was soaked in garlic guard. So, during the kick-ick dosing schedule, the tank received a daily dose of Metro (sprinkled on brine shrimp) and a dose of garlic guard (soaked into a strip of seaweed).

I’ve completed the kick-ich dosing schedule and now see my corals on a slow, steady decline. What I mean by that is:

Hammer and bubble coral is mostly retracted into its structure for a few days now,
tongue coral has lost its vibrant green and has not presented its tentacles for a few days,
Chalice coral has lost its vibrant color and display a brown “film” on its underside.
Echinopora showing a brown film on its underside,
Galaxia tentacles are not as extended as usual,
Button coral not extending its fleshy outer pedals, and
Pipe organ retracted.

Strangely, my torch coral looks fine and the various polyps show no changes. All livestock are doing great.

The only think I can think of causing this is the combination of additives I have put in my tank over a couple of week period. Any advice other than an aggressive water change schedule?

Stop adding everything. Do some water changes to try and remove all that stuff.
Why are your fish getting ich? There is a stressor in the tank. A nasty fish maybe?

I think the ich outbreak started after a water change dropped my tank temp more than my tangs cared for

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom