ICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need help I have a blue hippo an a powder brown tang with ick I can't catch them in my 220g so i need a safe ick cure method has any one out there kno abou a reef safe cure plz I need help I don want them to die there the coolest fish I have in there anyone outthere plz help me out

Sorry to tell you this but there is no such thing as a reef safe cure for ick. The only two ways to cure it is copper or hyposalinity in a qt tank.

I heard something called fish vet works but I don't really have any revews about it

I will just echo what my fellow fish keeping friends said,,there is "only 2 proven methods to kill ick"

you can try a million things out there and spend lots and lots of money but i believe the outcome will be the same, the fish will probable die from the ich unless you employ one of the two cure that were suggested to you. start a qt tank and treat those fish in there with copper or hypo and you should have a happy ending to the ich problem. Good luck

Almost forgot you will need to keep your dt tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks to kill off the ich in your main tank, sorry. Also if you go the copper route try cupramine works very well with less adverse effects on the fish then other copper treatments

I will try to beat it with dipping the food in garlic guard an keeping them well Fed I have been told told that if u keep them happy the will get over il give it a try

I will try to beat it with dipping the food in garlic guard an keeping them well Fed I have been told told that if u keep them happy the will get over il give it a try
Not what i would recommend ,but go for it and good luck..Just remember ick will always be in the tank

My hippo has had ick for 2 months minimum. The whole give them garlic and healthy foods just does not work. My hippo has been eating algae sheets with garlic and anything else I feed with no issues . Still has had no effect on the parasite not one bit. It may help them fight it off initially but I will not kill the ick it will be waiting in your tank to infest the next stressed out fish. Not trying to be rude but im going through this myself and I can tell you more action is needed than the garlic myth if you want to get through this . Hope it all works out for you .

I have decided to take u Guy's advice an do one of the two treatments goin I went with hypo yesterday I took all my fish out because my system is infested with ick no will go in there for atleast 8 weeks my show tank is lifeless it looks sad but it's for the best in new into the hobby only about 1 year into it u guys are the experts so I will follow ur advice this sucked *** I hope this never happen to u guys it's just a low blow for all my hard work

I have decided to take u Guy's advice an do one of the two treatments goin I went with hypo yesterday I took all my fish out because my system is infested with ick no will go in there for atleast 8 weeks my show tank is lifeless it looks sad but it's for the best in new into the hobby only about 1 year into it u guys are the experts so I will follow ur advice this sucked *** I hope this never happen to u guys it's just a low blow for all my hard work
Unfortunately its how most(including me) of us learned...

Your doing the right thing,,and in a few months when your tank is back to its beautiful self it won't matter how sad it looks ATM
Good luck and maintain 1.009 for the whole treatment(y)

Glad to hear you changed your mind. Just like ft I learned the hard way . Good news is none of your fish have to die because ick is not a death sentence for fish as long as you treat it early . Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanx guys il keep u posted on the treatment an also I have a bunch snails an cleaner shrimp do I have to take them out aswell or only the fish ?

Ok thanx for the good info how about water changes do I do those as I usually ??

Back
Top Bottom