Ick help asap please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night I noticed my two new damsels (in QT!) had ick I treated with coppersafe only put in recommend dose for 8gl (10gl QT) not wanting to over do it knowing I didn't have a test on hand and couldn't get it till the LFS opened today. I got the test but no where in the coppersafe instructions does it suggest a level to leave the copper at and how long! Can anyone help me with this info? Right now it's only at .25ppm and been 5hr since I put in and sumpie & Douggie look much better, no spots. I do know I need to continue treating but don't know the length.

I believe Coppersafe is chelated (meaning it stays in the water longer) and you should only re-dose if you do a water change and then only treat for the amount that you changed out.

I'm glas you already had your fish in QT. Damsels are one of the worst wifh to try and get out of a display tank.

Rutrag said:
I believe Coppersafe is chelated (meaning it stays in the water longer) and you should only re-dose if you do a water change and then only treat for the amount that you changed out.

I'm glas you already had your fish in QT. Damsels are one of the worst wifh to try and get out of a display tank.

Your right about that! They are quick little buggers!!

Good to know info I did not know about chelated. I did read the box and it says chelated copper sulfate! So now that I know that what should the reading be? And how long should I leave it at it?

Back
Top Bottom