If an Anemonie Dies in your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janderson2007

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone - I had a happy bubble tip Anemonie in my fish tank that my maited clowns loved... I dont know what happened but I came home, the bubble tip was on the ground (usually staied way up high in my tank) and a rock was ontop of it.. Must have had a land slide (lol).. The poor thing passed away (STUNK SO BAD, it was in there for like 8 hours probably) the fish all seemed fine but two weeks later my clowns both passed away and so did a powder blue tang I had. Could the dead anemonie have caused this? I did a 30% water change the day I removed the anemonie..

It is very possible that it infact nuked your tank. Is the 30% the only water change you did ? Usually you need to do several water changes to your tank to prevent a total melt down . In short I would say yes that was the cause of your crash . HTH

I agree that that could have been the problem. Alot of times when they die they will release chems in the water that could be lethal if not taken care off. What size tank is this?

melosu58 said:
I agree that that could have been the problem. Alot of times when they die they will release chems in the water that could be lethal if not taken care off. What size tank is this?

Its a 100 gallon tank, I have done 2 water changes since... 1 25 gallon change and one 30 gallon..

janderson2007 said:
Its a 100 gallon tank, I have done 2 water changes since... 1 25 gallon change and one 30 gallon..

That`s a good start I would do 25% weekly PWC`s for the next month and then go back to what you were doing. I do PWC`s every week for nine yrs now so it`s not a bad schedule to keep. Good Luck.

Have you tested for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? If your still seeing issues, I recommend doing PWC's every day, or other day until things clear up. I would also highly suggest running a quality GAC for at least few weeks. I prefer to use it 24/7. Change it every 5-7 days b/c generally after that it is useless.

Back
Top Bottom