Important Question!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertx859

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

Sadly, my blackback butterflyfish didn't make it. He died from an infection of some sort. Anyway, my question is that I've been purchasing both freshwater and marine fish from an LFS that receives direct shipments for marines. I don't know how they receive freshwater shipments, but I'm not having any problems with my freshwater tank as the fish are thriving and have been doing so for some time. However, I'm having terrible luck with marine fish I purchase from that LFS. Most would die while I'm QTing them and some of them will make it past the QT stage only to die within three or four months! My question is do marine fish do poorly if they're recieved by the LFS as direct shipments? If so, I think I'm going to look for another LFS to buy marines fishes that came from a warehouse. BTW, the LFS in question says they receive their shipments from the Phillipines and Indonesia for the most part. Thanks for any and all advice you might have.

Alot of fish are caught with cyanide. Great effort is being made to educate the fish catchers against this practice, but it is still being done. I would suspect cyanide caught fish as being the reason if he is importing directly from the philipines and indonesia.

Back
Top Bottom