Injured Linkia Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndyH5512

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My orange Linkia was just injured by happening upon my Seio 820 powerhead. It crawled right across the intake portion. 3 of his 5 arms are injured towards the end. It is still moving about. Does anyone have any experience with this happening?

On a side note, I bought 2 Seio 820's because it seemed to me that they were less likely to "suck in" any fish, etc. I have to fashion some type of guard to prevent this from happening again.

I hope the star will be OK.

Keep water quality as high as possible and keep fingers crossed. I have a red seastar that was injured in shipment. Its arm broke off near its body. I have had it for about 4 months and it is growing back but still is not as large as the other 4 arms.

Brenden said:
Keep water quality as high as possible
I agree. Once established/acclimated Linckias are pretty hardy. Be sure to avoid any chemistry or temperature swings and it should be alright. Good luck

IME, brenden and MT79 are on the money. I`ve had one do the same thing and the leg grew back.

Thank you everyone. So far, so good. The star is carrying on like he used to, wandering all over the aquarium.

I had a blue one get caught in a PH and really tore up 2 legs pretty badly. He was sucked up there for I don't know how long. Anyway he made a full recovery. I have had him for about 8 months now.

Back
Top Bottom