is my Anemone dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
guys i recently brough an Anemone and the foot is torn :( it seems to look alive, just dosnt move around the tank, it generates this goo (looks like a heavy spiderweb almost), which seems to keep it stable and in one place, but i dont know if this is a good thing? is there anyway to tell with them?

If the foot is torn we are in trouble. All I can say is have water in pristine condition and keep a close eye on him.

water conditions are spot on, he has been like this for about 1 week and still looks alive, but what will heppen if they die, will they shriville (spelling?) up?

i had an anemone when i first started up my tank. stupidly on my part, i didn't read up too much before i put him into my tank. i don't have the right lights, and the tank wasn't well established enough for something like that. anyways, when they die, you will know it. they completly shrivel up and almost look like they are dried out. also, i have read that it can be very dangerous for you water parameters if an anemone dies in your tank. so be careful about that too. has it shriveled up on you already? mine also would shrivel up every couple of days. i found out that they do that when they are getting rid of waste. hopefully yours doesn't die. i know that i am saving for the proper lights just for another one, i think they are awesome.

seems he is fine, the foot dosnt look the best but he hasnt moved for a while so hopefully found his spot.

the goo is from the foot. its actully sticky i willl try to get a photo

Back
Top Bottom