Is my clown ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dolphineducator

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aloha, We have a tomato clown fish that is acting kind of strange. He seems to be swimming with his head up and tail down in the corner of the tank. He did this all day yesterday and didn't eat. Today he is swimming around normal and he ate. Do you know what this might be? Also what is the best food for tomato clowns? Thanks! :cry:

i have had clowns do that, usually they seem to want to host something, if u ever see a clown in an anenome they swim in odd patterns. He pobably feels secure up against teh walls in the corner. If he's eatng and the water qualities are ok, and no other fish are bothering him, he will probab;y be fine

I had a percula clown do the same thing, but I think it was mostly because I got him so young (3/4" long) and he immediately went into 6 weeks of quarantine (was exposed to ich), and he was never socialized with other fish, so I thought he was just lonely. He would bob up and down for hours in the same spot, or right towards the top of the water in the bubble stream, like he was swimming for his life, then get tired and go back to bobbing.

My next fish was another clown, and after he got through QT, I introduced them, and suddenly the smaller clown started getting out in the open, eating and participating more like a "normal" fish. But just so you know, it sounds like a lot of us have clowns who do it.

--Aquabear

my ocellaris acts wierd also. sometimes he sleeps on his side on top of a water return. i thought he was dead the first time. he is also very small and likes to swim into the current and then bob up and down until the SCWD sends water at him again. like another post mentioned, he is also the only fish in the tank. they are a strange fish. you think they are sick half of the time and the healthiest fish you have ever seen the other half. just my experiences so far

steve r

Back
Top Bottom