Is my maze brain alive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurplePolyp

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-3441634959.jpg

I have had a Maze Brain for quite some time now. He does about 8 weeks ago. I smelled him and never could smell the dead fish smell that dead corals get so I left him in the tank. I had a cyano outbreak and he got covered. I suctioned it off him when I did my water changes. Now, I've started noticing a green color under my moonlight LED's. I know these corals take awhile to bounce back when they get sick. So is he okay?

image-3441634959.jpg

I tried to get a decent photo. I hope he's starting to come back to life.

Hard to tell with the light being so blue in the picture but as long as you still see tissue then it still has a chance. I wouldn't remove it until its completely white and only a skeleton and even then id probably just leave it for more rock work haha.

Yea. That's just with the actinics on. The HO lights come on at 2. It's definitely still got tissue. I hope he comes back!!

Lights came on at 1. :) he's still got a lot of red from the algae but there's quite a bit of green too. He started out green. What do you think?

image-1374058734.jpg

Wow, that's not looking good. Is this a new tank? Your gonna want to keep all the cyano off it you can or it will smother it to death.

He was presumed dead a long time ago. I just left him in there cause his skeleton looked cool. Then we had the cyano outbreak. The outbreak is under control now. Now he's starting to show some life again. He was down to just skeleton before the cyano outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom