Is there anything wrong with my tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyP

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tang is very active. I purchased him Thursday from the lfs. His colors are very vibrant but noticed a little white on his face. They were all like this. Today he has a white stripe that was semi noticeable when I got him but it was more yellow like the rest of his body. My parameters are:

image-1628747808.jpg

What could be wrong. Here are some pics. Feeding since thu has been frozen brine shrimp. I understand they need or like seaweed too so my gf Is going to petco to buy some tmw. Maybe he just needs more nutrients.

image-724922227.jpg

image-1735163526.jpg

I turned on the light about 30 minutes ago right when I took these pictures and he actually looks okay now. still a little white in the face but thats how i got him. what can I do to fix this and make him feel better because other tangs in the past were full yellow head to toe. I know i should of passed but it was a spur of the moment kinda thing.

Tangs need seaweed/algea to thrive and lots of room to swim. They will usually eat the meaty stuff if nothing else is available, but they need their greens. My fish often look pale in the morning and brighten up a while after the lights are on. Might just be that?

If your tank is less than 6' it could be stress from lack of swimming space. People will debate this forever, but many expert aquarists feel that 120g is good, bigger is better. They will grow to 7-8".

Back
Top Bottom