Is this BTA O.K

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seafan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this BTA from the LFS and it was sort of bleached, I was wondering if It will be fine.
I have 2*300 watt MH and 2*150 watt actinics, I feed weekly pieces of shrimp, I also have 4 other healthy looking anemones including a good looking pink sebae.
The top picture is of the sebae, the lower of the BTA

Attachments

• bta.jpg
    bta.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 100
  • big_bertha_in_anemone__1.jpg
    big_bertha_in_anemone__1.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 81
Your Sebae looks like a Magnifica but as far as the BTA, it should be fine as long as it adapts to the MH. Problem here is with such a loss of zooxanthellae and being introduced to an extremely lit tank it can further the loss of necessary zoo production. Hopefully it will find a nice out of the way space much lower in the tank.

Cheers
Steve

I call everything in the Heteractis genus, sebae, although you're right it is a magnifica.

sorry for the noob question but what kind of algae is that growing on the back of the tank? They look like circular splotches...what kind is it and how do you get it to grow in a tank?

TIA

so when coraline grows on the side of the tank, it looks white? I thought it was supposed to look purple. like you said but the stuff on the side of the tank in the picture looks white.

No that is dead coralline, I had that tank emptied and then I used it again so all the coralline went white. As for the barnacle like things they are spirorbid worms.

I have a healthy population of nice purple coralline on my rocks though. (look in the foreground of the BTA picture)

Back
Top Bottom