Is this dying???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything seems to be coming back to normal!! Must be bit like devils hand when it excretes mucus!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Normal would be that Kenya tree upright with more brown/purple last night was floppy and very dark, that's how it is now and flowering or whatever u call it, the amonia was ok, salt 1.023, po4 was good all where there ment to be and couldn't get reading on ph test it didn't change colour or few weeks ago when I used also, only thing is nitrate are high! Thinking about taking out bio balls I've heard they can keep nitrates up???

Kenya trees will live in almost any conditions. I tossed one in my almost completely dark sump about a month ago and it still looks to be doing well. They are by no means a gauge on how your tank is doing. Ph is important as is alkalinity. The things you mentioned are not "everything". High nitrates are also something to be concerned about.
What size tank is this? How many fish are in it? What kind of flow do you have? How about lighting?

32 gallon tank 8 small fish, have standard pump and a lillte pump also for flow, it's standard lighting! Strange thing is about a month ago when I notice nitrates where high not as high as now I notice a lot of the coral are doing better!! And phos is good but I can't get reading on my alk tester it did when I first used it

Get a new one. Salifert makes good test kits. Standard lighting meaning what? Can you post a picture of the tank? What gph are the power heads?

I got tank off mate of mine I don't know what the parts are it's a boyu 550 Zumba tank 130 ltr/32 gallons! Il send couple picsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419789143.933536.jpg

You can see I moved kenya tree up high , it was where devils hand is now, it seems to be doing bit better not as floppy there a power flow pump over it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your problem is your over stocked and your filtration can't keep up with your bio load. With nitrates up in the 70 range none of those corals are going to last very long, and the fish will become stressed as well, which will lead to disease/parasites and their deaths most likely also.

I'd say that's a good place to start-Lowering the bio load. Anthias don't belong in a tank that size. I don't see the rest of the fish, but that's a lot for a small tank.

Store I bought them in said they would be ok, and they also said same for anthia!! They seem to do better when it's about 20 so using little glass like pellets that absorb the nitrate that should help it along way with water changes! And I moved the kenya tree into a higher position in the tank and it's doing great now!!
Other fish are very small at least 4 about an inch or less!!

Yes, but the problem is, stores don't usually have your best interests in mind. In many cases they are more concerned with selling livestock than the well being of said livestock. It's clearly the case here.
That said, nitrate reducing media is just masking the problem. I would suggest correcting the root of the problem instead.

Yeah I am gona do another water change, see how it is, and the store I got them in would be prob the best in this country!!! Wouldn't have taught was too many fish in it, but that's why I come in here for helpful advice!

Back
Top Bottom