Is this ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does this look like ich to yall?? Kind of a blurry picture but best i could get because this guy is definately a swimmer look with between his two white stripes ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400067806.229651.jpg

Yea its about 4 days new put it in a tank thats been set up for 6 months that was just set up for a quarenteen tank

Ich usually shows up in the first week of a new fish being introduced into a tank.
Do you have any invertebrates, corals, or anemones? Because if you don't I would recommend adding copper or doing hypo-salinity. If you do I would probably just make sure to get him fed good, keep the stress low, and make sure water quality is top notch. In the ocean fish have about a 50/50 fight off rate of ich.

Ich usually shows up in the first week of a new fish being introduced into a tank.
Do you have any invertebrates, corals, or anemones? Because if you don't I would recommend adding copper or doing hypo-salinity. If you do I would probably just make sure to get him fed good, keep the stress low, and make sure water quality is top notch. In the ocean fish have about a 50/50 fight off rate of ich.

If I understood the OP correctly, it's a quarantine tank. Meaning that there aren't any of those things in it. So a copper treatment should be fine.

I have a anem in it right now i biught at the same time making sure its safe for my main display as well

Oh gotcha... You can do whatever treatment you want then... But once he's in with the nem you will be very limited on your options.

Yea but ill be getting some lights in two weeks so ill have to see if the clown can make it that long

Ok weird i get home from work and all the spots are gone and hes swimming around like nothing is wrong so strange

Not strange at all. If you read those articles you'll see the parasites fell off and over 200 little ones called tomites will comefrom each one that fell off. It will come back with a vengence.

See ive read that the spots dont fall off it was actually a really good ich article someone posted it on this site actually

Back
Top Bottom