is this ich on my clown goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is picture of my clown goby. I don't know if this his natural color or could he have ich? Sometimes his body has faint white on him and sometimes he is totally grey. He is eating fine and doesn't show signs of distress.
viewimage.php
[/URL][/img]

Are you talking about the white spot? Ich will be the size of salt. It will fall off and multiply.
Many fish change colors, if they are stressed, sleeping or mating.
Are you soaking your food in garlic?

How long have you had him? How are your water parameters? How long has the white spot been there? It could be bacterial which could be cleared up with the help of pwc's. It could also just be a scar. The darker colors could be stress related. Do these color changes only happen in the morning?

Yes, I soak food in garlic. Actually the white dot is coraline on the glass. Beside the dot is faint white areas on this side of him. I'll just watch him. I was hoping someone with clown gobys could tell me if their clown gobys sometimes have the faint whiteness to them.

I've had clown gobies and only during wake up time were they ever faded or whitened. Stress would be my first guess.

Fluff, you must have been posting when I was posting. The water parameters are great everything zero, temp 78-79, spg 1.024, ph 8.4, nitrates either 0 or 5. I do pwc once a week and its approx 18-20g (75g tank). I have had goby for 5-6 weeks now. I believe I have seen the white color before but it's more noticeable. So my question from previous post could this be normal for a clown goby. I just want to fix the problem (if problem) now before it affects other fish.

Is it easier to see from a head on view?
Is it only on one side or both?
We are talking about the area by the tail, right?
Is it also further up along the fish, kinda looks like it a little, in the pic?

Now, my goby looks a pale white and his eyes are big. Even my son thinks he doesn't look good. He has been very active today, swimming all over the place and even near my hand to get food. I am not really sure what's going on. If he makes it through the night, I am going to go get a 10-20g tank tomorrow and put him in it. Can I just take water out of the main tank and a small filter with powerhead and put it in tank? I thought when a fish is sick, it would become lethargic and not have an appetite? He is doing opposite. Maybe I'm worried for nothing.

scrmom said:
Now, my goby looks a pale white and his eyes are big. Even my son thinks he doesn't look good. He has been very active today, swimming all over the place and even near my hand to get food. I am not really sure what's going on. If he makes it through the night, I am going to go get a 10-20g tank tomorrow and put him in it. Can I just take water out of the main tank and a small filter with powerhead and put it in tank? I thought when a fish is sick, it would become lethargic and not have an appetite? He is doing opposite. Maybe I'm worried for nothing.

By big eyes, do you mean they are bulging? Do they look milky? Could be bacterial.

Back
Top Bottom