Its getting worse!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plexifan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1. Type & how long you have had it: Colt Coral, have had it about a month
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: 4x33W T5ho, 1 white, 1 blue, 2 purple on about 12 hours a day
3. Nitrate: 0ppm
4. Calcium: 470
5. Phosphate: 0.0 to 0.25 hard to tell, closer to 0.0 tough
6. Alkalinity: 1.43 ppm
7. pH:8.2
8. Salinity:1.025
9. Temperature: 77
10. Liquid or strip test kits: liquid test, all API
11. Location in tank: middle
12. Current amount of flow: ? two Koralia fans not blowing directly at it, nice even current
13. Current tank dosing regimen: was using purple up but stopped, now using drops of iodine and Phyto supplement.
14. Nearby coral: none close enough to touch
15. Explanation of problem: almost 2 weeks ago he went really limp, and retracted, a few days later he started loosing color. He never came back, i did a PWC and bought the phyto as i thought mabe there wasnt enough to feed it so i have been dosing the tank and spot feding it small amounts every other day along with some drops of iodine. Now it looks like its flesh is deteriorating and i found a small piece of him on the tank bottom:bawl:. I really don't want him to die. The guys from the LFS are great and said it was a great hardy coral. I have an bulb tipped anemone that has been doing great it even split in two and im sure neither of them touched it. I just don't know what to do. all water parameters are stable, the only thing that fluctuates is the temp by 2 or 3 degrees.

Attachments

• coral01.jpg
    coral01.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 162
  • coral02.jpg
    coral02.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 131
  • coral03.jpg
    coral03.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 96
well i don't think it was shedding, larger pieces started falling of and it looked like it was dissolving, i could see a sack of some sort where a big chunk of flesh fell off. i decided to play it safe and just get rid of it before it would damage other stuff by polluting the water

Back
Top Bottom