Joe's Juice Residual Product and Dead Anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got rid of 15 Aiptasia Anemones in my 40 Gallon tank. I ended up using about 5ml of Joe's Juice...the stuff went much further that I had thought.

Anyway....with 15 Aiptasias treated...it left quite a bit a residual Joe's Juice throughout the aquarium. The Peppermint Shrimp in the tank seem to be drawn to the area where the Aiptasia were..and appear to be eating the remains.

Is Joe's Juice Dangerous to any other inhabitants in the tank? Will the shrimp, snails and crabs be okay if they end up eating some? Also..when I turned my Powerheads back on...the tank had a lot of the Joe's Juice Residual floating around.

I also had some aiptasia that were upsidedown...and difficult to feed. I tried to feed them....and they appeared to shrivel up some...but not completely. Will they come back and have to be re-treated?

Also..with 15 Aiptasias taken down...should I be worried about an ammonia spike for the decaying dead aiptasia?

Thanks for the help!

WC

Hey WC! I'm going to ride along here for the answers! I'll be doing the same thing soon enough. My Joe's J arrived yesterday.

Midiman...now that is what I call being prepared!! Joe's Juice even before you get the Live Rock! Thats thinking ahead. Since you have the Juice on hand...you will probably get and aiptasia free LR.COM order.

I was a little nevous before I started using it...and I though that 2 bottle would never be enough...the stuff really does seem to go far!

WC

I nuked a bunch on my lr and never got a spike (had 10 pep's in the tank to take care of any leftovers) :twisted: , You should have no problems. As far as the one's that you didn't get good, yes they probally will come back. I would add a few pep's to keep them trimmed :mrgreen: .

I have "spilled" the stuff on a few different corals (plate, shroom, zoo's) including a sea cuke. No permanent adverse affects. Some corals will withdraw or fade in color in that one spot for a few days but should quickly recover.

As far as the after affects of it blowing around, none of the SPS or anemones showed any reaction.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom