Kick Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does Kick Ich really work? and is it really safe for inverts and corals?

The reason I ask is b/c one of my fish looks like it is starting to get ich, im not sure yet b/c he only has a few spots on his front fins but not the rest of his body. If it does turn out to be ich, can i use this stuff?

I have some shrooms, polyps as well as hermit crabs.

Would a few water changes be any help?

Thanks

I have read mixed emotions on Kick Ich. Some say it works wonders, some say its a waist of money. I just bought two containers of it to use in my tank. I have a 75g tank with 150lbs of LR and 20+ pieces of coral, no way am i going to be able to get the fish out.

Old thread, but if the Kick-ich doesnt' work then are you out of options? A 75g tank could be handled with two large rubbermaid containers to remove all the liverock/corals for a few hours if necessary to capture all of the fish and move them to QT. The annoyance and money for the QT is still probably less then the cost to restock the tank.

Copper, Formalin, or hyposalinity are the only proven remedies for ich and should be done in QT. As stated before, this is an answer to an old thread, but HERE is an excellent article to get familiar with marine ich.

I used two rubbermaid containers to pull the rock out of my 125 so I could catch and QT the fish. Thought I had lost my bicolor blenny, only to find that it stayed in a hole in a rock that got transferred. When I moved all the rock back to the tank I found it swimming around the bottom of one the rubbermaid containers.

IMO, hypo is the only way to go.

Back
Top Bottom