Killing a Fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta say, this is the most entertaining thread I have read on this site yet. I guess I'm a little twisted... :mrgreen:

r95rdstr said:
I agree with this method I also believe that beheading the fish (If you can do it without cutting your finger off) is probably the quickest.

I can't speak for fish, but a severed human head can stay alive and conscious for several seconds. A human can also survive for several minutes in freezing water.

You guys are MORBID!

As for the To kill a fish thread, Euthanasia is somethimes necessary to end the fishes suffering in a hopeless case, whether you choose to put the fish down and how is a personal decision, but if you choose to do it, I think a discussion on the fastest, most humane way to do it is beneficial and appropriate.

I posted this on another thread yesterday, it holds true here too. YOU are responsible for your fishes health and comfort, if you decide to put down your fish (for whatever reason) do you want to choose a method that will cause fear and agony? The only way to learn the best way for you to do it is to discuss the different methods. I'm sorry if you can't stomach the discussion, but it has not degraded to a possible flame fest by the people actually discussing the issue.

To answer your specific comment, I am participating in this discussion, I knew when I clicked the title I had something to add in a spirit of what is the easiest on the fish and the owner, why did you click the link? Morbid Curiosity?

i have only had one fish that i cought dieing and felt real bad about, the rest were either MIA or found in the morning for unknown reasons. but with that one i found a quick way was to take it in the tank water to my friends house who has some pirahanns. they make it real quick. and it isnt every day you get to see soemthing that /sick/cool at the same time

OMG, please don't put the fish in boiling water, its really miserable, use ice water instead. Don't behead either, i'm sure the fish don't like it that way, its awfully pain to be beheaded. I do saw goldfishes survived after awful sickness, torn tails, breathing difficulties etc. Their torn fins recover very fast, I do have one with both front fins nipped off till left with 1/4, but it regain its fins after few weeks time. Give him or her a chance. BTW, why goldfish in SW forum? Did he place goldfish in SW? Hahaha, JKJK.

Back
Top Bottom