Kole Eye tang issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rosesrblu1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone,

I purchased a yellow kole eye tang the other day and have him in qt with a juvi tomato clown. They get along very well, no friction at all. I have noticed however that the mouth of the tang looks all messed up and the tang's mouth is always open. I think the tang has eaten some nori that I have put in the tank. Please see the attached pics. I have just started to treat with melafix tank

Attachments

• image-2684634953.jpg
    image-2684634953.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1423031827.jpg
    image-1423031827.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3504602291.jpg
    image-3504602291.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 88
I think their mouths are open a lot. That being said, I've read that their mouths sometimes do get damaged when they are caught from the wild. I would keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't start to look infected. Guess it won't hurt to use the melafix too, just in case. Pretty fish, BTW. I like those tangs. :)

I had one that was geting bullied by my purple tang and a sailfin the bullying stopped but I guess it was still there during feed or night cause all the little scratches it had from first brin put in the tank and attacked but they all healed looked like he was doing awesome then all if a sudden came out in the morning he was dead no idea what happened

Back
Top Bottom