Koran Angel Fish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

90gallon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a Koran Angel fish (2 1/2yrs) that is kept in a 90 gallon tank with few pieces of coral, snails, hermit crab and a coral branded shrimp. I normally feed him frozen brine shrimp which he instantly goes after once I dump it in the tank. The past few days he hasn't been interested in the shrimp or flakes that I put in the tank. He is swimming around the tank and is not just hanging around the bottom. What could be going on with him?

I did do a partial water change yesterday after I noticed he wasn't eating. Also checked all water parameters, and all checked out ok. What could be going on?

Any comments? Thanks in advance for the help.

Feed a greater variety of foods such as nori, mysis, krill, roe, clam, etc. What you are feeding now isn't very nutritious other than perhaps the shrimp and a single itemized diet can cause a loss of overall food consumption. Basically, they get bored of the food. Just my initial thoughts.

Supposedly garlic will stimulate the angel to eat. Try soaking his food in garlic. I do agree with James that the food you are feeding is not very nutritios for him. The brine shrimp you could almost compare as to you sitting down to supper to a plate full of twinkies. As James said variety is the key.

In the past I did try the frozen formula specifically for Angel Fish, but he would not eat the stuff. For the past 1 1/2yrs I have been giving him the frozen brine shrimp with occassional flakes. Today I'm going to pick up some blood worms and live brine shrimp just to see if any of these will entice him into eating....Will also try using the garlic formula.

Any additional help would be appreciated!

If you feed him frozen brine then get him the vitamin fortified brine. Better for him.

Back
Top Bottom