Koran With cloudy eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thor32766

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a koran angel. That has the cloudy eyes. What is my resolution for this? Should I put him in a QT tank? What medication do I get for him? I have been having problems with my PH, that i currently have a post on, my other fish are great, but the koran has the cloudy eyes. I love this fish, and need to know what i can do with him.

thanks
brian

cloudy eyes can be caused by several conditions but typically it is a sign of inadequate water quality. I would check the salinity of your water - it should be around density (1.020-1.026) your ph - should be 8.3 and nitrite and nitrate. Nitrite should be 0 and nitrate is safe up to 30 or so ppm.

If that checks out its possible that if the fish was stressed or netted it could cause for the condition - usually bacterial or fungual. Improving water quality and stabilizing your ph should do it.

Koran Angel with cloudy eyes

I've got the same problem. The fish looked perfectly healthy earlier this afternoon, but now one eye is completely cloudy, and the other is half clear, half cloudy. It's obvious that he's having difficulty seeing because he is missing the food when he attempts to eat it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

I've got a 120 gallon fish only tank. pH is at 8.3, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 7, specific gravity 1.024, and temp 75F.

I've had the fish for 3 weeks. Only other life in the aquarium is 2 clownfish that I've had for over 6 months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like Mac said usually it is water quality problem. Do some PWC and it should clear up. Check water params before and after. If this does not clear the problem you`ll probably have to QT and treat for viral or bacterial problem.

Back
Top Bottom