Lateral line disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnkristie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think my Regal Blue Tang has lateral line disease. Parts of his face are developing small pits where is looks like the pigment has disappeared. I have several other tangs in the tank, but none of them show any signs of this. I have read that blue tangs are particularly susceptible to this condition. How can I fix it and will the problem reverse itself once fixed?

That is a great article that Lisa gave you. I had one about 9 yrs ago that had the same problem. I made sure there was plenty of greens in there for them since they are herbivores. He made a complete recovery and still have him today.

Just a note that there is no absolute "cure" for HLLE and is still debateable. The most you can do for now is provide optimal water chemistry (as if that notion ever changes) and more nutritional feedings with vitimins (once again, as if that notion ever changes).

Make sure there is always nori in the tank for it. I also grab some macro algae from the sump/fuge and drop it in the tank 1-2x per week.

I always made sure I had seaweed selects and Grape calerpa in the tank for him to forage on. It`s natural and has plenty of vitamins. Esp Vitamin C which is supposed to help with HLLE.

Back
Top Bottom