Leather coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchkin041804

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just curious, I noticed that the stalk of my new leather coral looks like its "peeling", can't think of a better word. Or something maybe growing on it. It has not shrunk in it has been fully extended, I have noticed some clear mucus stuff come off of it, not sure if this is normal, I've never seen this with my leather in my other tank. I checked my parameters, everything is perfect, except my calcium being slightly low (400). I'm pushing about 4 watts per gal. on lighting. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image-3219619377.jpg
    image-3219619377.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 65
I believe that leather corals tend to shed at some point...probably normal... they like to have flow on them to help with the shedding. I have a leather that is just about that same size, with polyps extended just like yours. It is very healthy looking.

Thanks! That's good to know! I do have alot more water flow in my other tank, maybe that is why I have never noticed it on that leather. Maybe I will get an extra fan for this tank as well to help it out.

Back
Top Bottom