leather corral not doing well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hello,

I have a leather coral that I purchased about 8 days ago. The first few days it opened up real nice but have since stopped. Attahed is a picture of it with the blue lights on. Normally it has brownish color to it and has little hairs on it.

There are bubbles, brains, anome and xenia that are thriving.

He was up about 1/2 way in the tank but have since moved it to the bottom and still looks bad.

Thanks,

Attachments

• leather_341.jpg
    leather_341.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 67
I`ve got two leathers and they are famous for sloughing. Mine will slough for a few days then be ok for a couple weeks.

Scary when it happens, but perfectly normal. They don't like to be handled and will usually go into a dormant or growth stage after that. They will get real slippery looking and then shed that layer of skin. After that they're usually bigger than before and very healthy looking. How often they do this depends a lot on your system, their stressors and growth patterns. Try not to worry. It will probably look awful for 3 days or so.

how do you place one of those? do you dig its base into the substract or do you attach it to a rock or just lay on on ur sand bed?

Back
Top Bottom