Leather Mushroom coral in need of help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sagarmichael

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi since ive have had my leather it has always shedded or got rid of waste every 2-3 days then all is fine again,
but this time the polyps have gone in now alge both green and red are growing on it.
It seems to be shriveling up its been like this for 2 weeks and i havnt a clue what to do can anyone help thanks

also i have resently added some phosphate remover (PhosGuard)to my filter i dont know if this will make a difference i know all my other corals are doing fine including a finger leather i have.

There have been reports of aluminum-based phosphate removers - which PhosGuard is - having very bad effects on soft corals. GFO (granulated ferric oxide) based phosphate removers haven't seen those same problems.

Might want to take the PhosGuard out for a while, and do several PWCs and see if things get a little better.

i fear for its life anyone got any last ideas for a quick recovery ?

img_958305_0_c657c8280e7072886eee42485de3f39f.jpg

Clean the tissue of all the algae buildup, provide plenty of indirect water flow, and give adequate light.

I agree with James plus maybe an iodine dip. Leathers have been known to bounce back with iodine dips.

hi just thought id let u all know how things turned out.
it started to get better but my sailfin tang developed a taste for it and ate the allthing over a few days.

Back
Top Bottom