LFS and ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
So we went to the LFS today just to buy some food and they had a new half circle tank that they had set up like 2 weeks ago stocked with fish finally. I went over to look at the fish and a bunch of them had ich. There is also coral in the tank so I thought I would ask if they were treating them to see what they would say and the guy told me that they weren’t treating them because fish won’t die from ich and it will go away by itself if they feed them formula 2 or other good food with garlic extract in it. He also said that the ich was caused by the flux in the temperature but now they have a chiller on the tank so it stays at the same temp. Is any of this true? Will the ich just go away on its own, and does a constant temp matter? I mean there was a powder blue tang in there that was just covered with ich. He didn’t look stressed or anything he just had the spots all over him.

Everything he "told" you is false. Constant temp does matter in that it gives the fish a stable enviroment and causes them less stress. Ich will not "go away" on its own.

Back
Top Bottom