Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmmiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 72 gal established tank. I want to get an amenome for my true perc clownfish but I dont really have the cash to buy the lights and fixtures needed to properly light my entire tank. I was wondering/hoping if I could buy a smaller strip light and put it over top of where the anenome would be. This may be difficult because I know that the anenome will go where ever it wants but I was wondering if anyone has ever done this or heard of anyone doing it.
Thanks

I was told today that bubble tips, the kind you would need to get, dont really like a lot of light. I dont know for sure if it would work, but just thought I would throw that out there for you.

I would think the Anenome would travel to the light it wants.. I have 2 Bubble tip Anenome's the first one I got when I had 265 PC lighting, and It's been in the tank for 6mths and looks HORRIBLE it has No tenticles!!, about 6 weeks ago I got 2 x 250 MH and another Bubble tip. This BTA looks awesome!! Huge and full all the time. I am also feeding silversides every other day, so I am not 100% sure if the sick anenome was caused by lack of light or food??? Good Luck...

If I were to try and do this what light would you recommend. I was thinking about a 24" PC because this is about all that I can afford. TIA

Back
Top Bottom