lion fish with ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tattoo tank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two lion fish that just came down with ick...if i can find a cleaner wrasse that is big enough that they will not eat it would it be a good idea to put one in with them to clean them up? This is a newly started tank...no other fish...can they get ick from feeder fish? My local aquarist didnt know the answers...

How new are we talking? Did you cycle the tank before adding them? I would advise against getting a cleaner wrasse to deal with the ich, he may get infected himself if he gets too stressed. Hyposalinity is alot better way to treat ich. If you do a search, you can find a TON of threads on how to do this.

How new are we talking? Did you cycle the tank before adding them? I would advise against getting a cleaner wrasse to deal with the ich, he may get infected himself if he gets too stressed. Hyposalinity is alot better way to treat ich. If you do a search, you can find a TON of threads on how to do this.
it cycled for over 6 months...im not new...I have used a cleaner wrasse before in another tank and it rid the whole tank of ick...they wont get it if they are eating it...I just didnt know if the lion fish would eat it...I have use a cleaner wrasse with other aggresive fish but the did not eat it...im assuming it was becasue it knew that it was helping it by picking the ick off of it...anyways...have read a lot on the qts and treatments and what not, and a cleaner wrasse seems like a much simpler solution. My tank I am refering to is in my tattoo shop...I dont have room for a qt and cant take them to my tank at home cause they will eat everything and just infect my tank...any suggestions on liquid treatments I could use on the tank? I have no coral or invertabrates in the tank...thanks for your input!!!

Back
Top Bottom