Long tentacle anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snickeson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does he seem an odd color to anyone?

mata3yqa.jpg

They come in all shapes sizes and color so I would have to say no but im not sure what annomene you have, or lighting on the tank.

It's a long tentacle. He looked tan at the store. I have t5 lighting - 1 ultra sun and 1 coral light. I think I'm just paranoid. I hate to think anything might possibly die. Haha.

It's not a coral. It's an anemone. And why not? It's an aninal, an invert. It has a personality. I don't know that they really have a sex so I just refer to it as a he

I personally don't think that is enough lighting for an anemone. I tried 4 x t5 ho over my 55g when I first got an anemone and it was not sufficient. Don't move it though, it will go where it wants to...

Thanks! It's only a 29 gal. So hopefully the light is enough. And the bulbs are pretty new.

It's not a coral. It's an anemone. And why not? It's an aninal, an invert. It has a personality. I don't know that they really have a sex so I just refer to it as a he

Just to clarify anemone have no brain so..,no personality haha. But we're not talking semantics so you can call it whatever you want :)

I feel like he has a little personality! Lol. Heck people sex their cars, I'll keep calling him a he. Haha

I feel like he has a little personality! Lol. Heck people sex their cars, I'll keep calling him a he. Haha

Haha that's fine by me. I was just clarifying that they have no brain lol. Give "him" a name like Eugene :)

Back
Top Bottom