lost about mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubblegirl420

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone!

We recently started a 30gal. saltwater, we have 45-50lbs of live rock, a baby clown, two domino damsels and a sandsifter goby. We also have 2 mushrooms. We bought one a couple of weeks ago, my boyfriend did a partial water change shortly after we got it. It was doing fine before the water change. After the water change it shrivled up and disappeared. We saw it the other day but it looked like a baby. It was nowhere near the size it was. We bought another one last week and it is shrivling up now too! I haven't been able to find websites or anything on mushrooms. Does anyone know why they are shrivling up on us? Please help.
Also, we checked the salt content and the levels in the tank and everything seems ok.
any websites on saltwater tanks would be very helpful!
Thanks!

Welcome to AA. The first thing you need to do is give us some exact numbers on your test readings. You mentioned you did a partial water change. Did you make sure that the water temperature, salinity and ph were the same as the main tank before you added it? Did the water get mixed for 24 hours before adding?

Your tank also seems to be a bit too new for corals if you just started it. What type of lighting do you have on this tank? Even though they do not require high lighting, they do require more than just normal output flourescents.

Thanks for your help. We figured it out and our mushrooms are reproducing. We started with 2 and we now have 4 or 5. We also have some surprises coming out of our live rock. We have feather dusters, and I think some polyps of some sort. They are to small to tell yet. Unfortunatly we have bristleworms too. We have since added a purple lobster and a mandarin dragonet. Um we have a coral light, but I cant recall what it is called. My boyfriend is the expert on that stuff. Ill find out though.

Back
Top Bottom