Lost all fish, corals fine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoothie7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Its been a sad weekend in our house. Our 90 gallon tank had a crash and we lost all fish in the tank however all the corals are looking great. Over the last 72 hours I have lost a harlequin tusk, yellow tang, 2 platinum clownfish and a humu humu trigger. However all my corals look great. No idea what is going on. Tank is a 90 gallon and has been set up for 10 weeks. Everything was eating just fine the day before their demise. The tusk started swimming erratically for a day and we noticed the top 20 percent of his body looked pale and then the next day he was sucked up against the overflow
frown.gif
The yellow tang had a small case of ich over the past 3 days or so. We have been feeding everything LRS food with a couple drops of garlic on it. This morning he was looking pale and then around 1pm he was done for. Eyes looked a little cloudy. Their is obviously something in the water affecting fish buy all my frogspawns and mushrooms and other corals are looking great. I have done a 15 gallon water change yesterday. Will do another 15 gallon on Wednesday. My plan is to cycle out around 100 gallons total over the next month and hope everything is ok by then. Part of this hobby I know but still sad.

Sounds like marine velvet. That's the only disease I know of that kills fish that quickly. You'll need to leave the tank empty for quite a bit to get rid of it. 8-10 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

now that it is fishless, with only corals and some snails and crabs, do you think doing several water changes will fix the issue? Any idea on how long I should wait until I add fish again?

If had ich would leave tank fish less for 8-12 weeks and qt all new fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom