Lost Chromis...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silverain420

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I lost him. I finally called a LFS and was told to use mela- fix. I just put it in last night and he was dead this morning. My question now is, do I need to get another one? I know Chromis are a schooling fish, will just one be ok for the next few weeks? (Until the conditioing period is over?)

Jen

Yes, it's been one week. I have 12lbs of pre-cured LR in a 12 gallon tank. My ammonia levels haven't gone past 0.50, PH is around 8.0. Nitrite levels are very low, if any. The other Chromis seems to be just fine, eating well, swimming just fine... Doesn't have any obvious nips.

I do have another question regarding melafix if anyone can help. I added it to the tank last night (a little too late apparently) and am wondering two things: Should I continue to use it for the seven days to be sure there are no further problems? I have removed the carbon filter and I imagine of course I need to leave it out through the seven days of treatment. Once I do the 25% water change 24 hours after the last treatment, is it safe to put the filter back? Also, the packaging and my LFS advised that it is safe for the bio wheel and was told not to remove it. Was that correct info?

Back
Top Bottom