Lumpy shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeffanman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked this guy up and acclimated him and put him in my tank and I see a lump on his side or somthing attached to him. He seems ok , still doing the shrimp thing but seems to have a tumor type thing attached to him. Should I be concerned. ? Take him out ? Or just leave it assume he'll be fine?

image-3278063326.jpg

Attachments

• image-1665942399.jpg
    image-1665942399.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 161
Well he's came back out from hiding, he's the most adventurous of the 3 I put in. I guess I'll name him lumpy and let it rest. But has anyone seen this before? I got a better pic here also

image-3635865578.jpg

Sorry. Haven't seen it before. Doesn't look too good, though. Glad to hear he's acting normal. Hope he does okay!

Had this on one of my peppermint shrimps. It could be a mad moult, injury or worse case a parasite. Qt him for awhile see how if it moults and goes away

Lumpy is still doing ok he's qt'd in about a gallon jug now for almost 36 hours after his surgery. He's still a little slow to eat when I put a sinking pellet in his jug.

image-2909006704.jpg

To be honest I'm surprised with no flow and 1 gallon he's doing fine I did a 50% pwc this afternoon but that's it. He's a trooper!!!!

Did you just grab the thing and pull it off? Or what did the "surgery" consist of? How on earth did you get him to stay still?

Lol i told him to stay. and pointed a stern finger on the ground in front of him.
no i held the lump with tweezers and sliced a slit between it and the body. And the parasite kinda just fell out. I think I did the parasite in with the tweezers but he is doing much better now. Pushing 52 hours in his gallon of water

image-2763801378.jpg

Lol i told him to stay. and pointed a stern finger on the ground in front of him.
no i held the lump with tweezers and sliced a slit between it and the body. And the parasite kinda just fell out. I think I did the parasite in with the tweezers but he is doing much better now. Pushing 52 hours in his gallon of water

Lol. That's great that he's doing well!!
I looked up those things-creepy. There's one that attaches to and eats the tongue!! Gross!!!!

I hear ya I think tomorrow morning ill set him back into the display I think I've done about all I can for him now.

I know about the tongue thing that's crazy how big they can get

Back
Top Bottom