Marine Red Legged Hermit crab Streaking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustSalty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is going on with my hermit crabs? had 4 crabs, now down to 1 this past month. One came out of his shell and is just hanging out right outside of it. Another one did this a week ago, I thought he was dead...(There was also a 1" long bristle-worm near it) so I took the "dead" crab out of the water. Hours later there was a dead crab in a shell. I felt so bad. I honesty thought it was dead. Now another is doing the same thing? Nasty and weird. Any thoughts of why? :confused:

Also, Bristle worms are driving me nuts! Does Fresh water dip help?

Tank Setup: 14H gallon nano setup. Water levels check out fine. Fish are ok too. (Tank contains 2 clowns, and 3 green chromis, 4 turbo snails.)

Thanks for your tips!

JustSalty said:
What is going on with my hermit crabs? had 4 crabs, now down to 1 this past month. One came out of his shell and is just hanging out right outside of it. Another one did this a week ago, I thought he was dead...(There was also a 1" long bristle-worm near it) so I took the "dead" crab out of the water. Hours later there was a dead crab in a shell. I felt so bad. I honesty thought it was dead. Now another is doing the same thing? Nasty and weird. Any thoughts of why? :confused:

Also, Bristle worms are driving me nuts! Does Fresh water dip help?

Tank Setup: 14H gallon nano setup. Water levels check out fine. Fish are ok too. (Tank contains 2 clowns, and 3 green chromis, 4 turbo snails.)

Thanks for your tips!

Welcome to AA.. as for the bristle worms running rampant ..in my honest opinon is always due to over feeding cut it back and so will they... as for hermit.. do you have some extra shells in tank? They could be out growing them... seems to co inside with the amount of bristles you have that the hermits are well fed as well...

Back
Top Bottom