Maybe I'm just paranoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
Introduced my Royal Gramma into my main last night after a 4 week + qt period. I got up this morning and check on her. I noticed a few very small whitish dots just on her face. Didn't look like ich, maybe anatomical.
Didn't notice this in the qt ever, just in the better lighting of the main. Also noticed one on her pectoral fin. That may have been debris.
Anyone with Grammas ever notice this on the face of theirs? Just trying to determine if its normal.
I may sound paranoid, but after a bout with velvet earlier this year. I take no chances.
Would you remove her back? I hate to keep stressing her out, but like I said do not want to take any chances.
Thanks in advance. I will try to get a pic tonight.

I notice the same thing on my Gramma from time to time but they only appear on the face. I think it is a mixture of anatomy, lighting, and micro bubbles getting attached to the fish.

I wouldn't worry about it...

Thanks, I appreciate that. I really don't want to move her again unless its necessary.

This happens all the time to my clowns..was getting real upset the first few times as I just knew it was ick...after about 8-10 of this, I realized it was micro bubbles and or debris....Mainly when they stay at the top of the tank for any length of time (especially at night as this is where they sleep if fish sleep). By mid morning the spots are gone....

Might be sand. I watched my strawberry gramma burrow in the sand and bring up a mouth ful of sand and spit it out. :roll:

Well, I turned the tank light on this AM (imo, the best time to see any parasitic problems) and she was sleeping on top of a rock, pretty clean area. Doubt it was sand.
I watched her for a good 10 minutes, as she swam around. Got a good look, she is not shy. Its probably nothing. Just don't want to go through another round of catching and removing everyone.
I just want to enjoy my aquarium .....finally :wink:
I'll check her again tonight and tomorrow AM. if it is something, I want to get her out before it goes further.

I noticed the same thing on monday morn, was freaking all day :? (thought it was ICH) when I got home, everything was fine. I was told the white spots could also be from the temp in the tank being to high (80 or above).

Back
Top Bottom