Missing 6 line wrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Three days ago I bought a anthias. I have a 50 gallon tank with 2 true percula clownfish, 2 blue green chromis, sleeper benny and a 6 line wrass. Well everyone was ok with the new anthias except for the wrass. The wrass nipped at the anthias and did his little helicopter dance around the new fish. After about an hour my wrass is missing. I checked my over flow and floor and moved some rocks around still no wrass to be found. Is it normal for a fish to hide so long? What should I do?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

my 6 line went into my overflow than down into my sump bout a week ago did you check your sump , it's starting to be a normal occurrence with mine lol it's almost like he likes the sump better :D

Thanks, I checked my overflow and I don't see him. Also we have a duro sand pipe in the over flow, so I don't think he can make it to the sump.
We haven't seen him in 5 days now. I checked the ammonia and it is 0. I'm hoping he is still alive. Friday night I will be doing my water change maybe I can move some rocks around and scare him out. I also checked behind the tank and on the floor and no wrasse.

Well found my wrass. I was doing a water change last night and while my over flow was empty I saw my wrass at the bottom still alive. Immediately scooped him up and put him back in the tank. Today he is swimming around like nothing happened. He is looking good. He spent 6 days in the overflow. I think he has 9 lives.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom