Missing my Purple Dottyback!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't seen my purple dottyback in 3 or 4 days now???? I have checked everywhere around the tank, thinking that he must have jumped out, but to no avail.

I only have two fish right now, the purple DB and a percula clown. Both fish have been living together fine until recently. I have noticed they are indeed infected with ICH and they are fighting with each other off and on.

Now the purple db is nowhere to be found. What should I do?

Please help..Thanks

how big are the fish? have you check in filters or places of suction? one time i found a damsel stuck on the back side of my power filter intake and i couldnt see it unless i stuck my head back between the wall and the tank. took me 3 or 4 days until one of my roomates spotted it. i'm not sure what else to tell you, i guess keep looking. good luck!!

I have noticed they are indeed infected with ICH and they are fighting with each other off and on.

Now the purple db is nowhere to be found. What should I do?

More than likely the purple is dead and has been taken care of by your clean up crew. If you don't get the clown out of the tank and into a qt soon, it will also die. The best treatment for the clown is >>hyposalinity<<.

Thanks fellas!

I agree with reefrunner, i think he is dead too, i just thought I would find a body or something. I do have alot of hermits and snails, and one cleaner shrimp, so they probably did get rid of any evidence.

Back
Top Bottom