missing snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will try the water change. It is murky from moving the rock but it's worth trying. Thanks for the advice!

So I'm in the sump messing around with my skimmer (its not working right) and guess what I find? My snowflake! Escape #2, this time I didn't even know it was gone.

These stories worry me. :) I'm planning on getting one within the next month and never knew they were THAT good with escaping. I have an acrylic with the built-in section in the back for filtration. I'm afraid it will somehow get over and into that.

TheTodd said:
These stories worry me. :) I'm planning on getting one within the next month and never knew they were THAT good with escaping. I have an acrylic with the built-in section in the back for filtration. I'm afraid it will somehow get over and into that.
Very possible unless its several inches out of the water. Mine got over the overflow lip, about on inch (25mm). Mine is very small, maybe it got through the slots on the overflow.
I messed with my rock work yesterday so maybe I tweaked it.

My previous eel jumped out of my tank. However, it had a mantis shrimp that probably chased him out. I've had my current one for over a year and he hasn't gotten out. You do have to be careful with them, but they can be contained.

Yeah I think you just have to figure out their tendencies. I need to cap my overflow, after that I hope ill be good.

Back
Top Bottom