my chocolate not doing so good...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, my cc star is not doing good he is just sitting there on the sand bed not moving much... what should i do?? all my parameters are good..

How long has the star been imobile, how long have you had it and how was it originally acclimated? Any sign of color loss?

A star not moving isn't too big a concern as long as their general appearance is normal. Once they find a food source to their liking, they can stay put for days at a time. Chocolate stars are one that requires feeding unlike it's decorative couterparts. Small meaty seafoods placed underneath it will often accomodate their larger appetites.

Cheers
Steve

its been in the same spot for about two days... it has a little red color around the spikes.. and this morning when i woke up he had sand all over him, i think the clarkiis were trying to bury him...

Well 2 out of 4 answers is better than none... :wink:

Two days is not much to worry about nor is the red color, unless they move. The main telltale would be turning white. Target feed small (pencil eraser sized) pieces of raw meaty marine foods a few times a week.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom