MY COLT IS DYING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
My colt is desinagrating, what could be the problem. I just did a 15% water change. Also can I put live rock in my unlit sump, I want to put some "rubble" rock in there. thanks

Can you give some water parameters such as ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph, sg, and temp. It's hard to kill a colt coral, JK :lol:

Nitrates are how high? Everything else in line? Can you post all your numbers? From what I know, you can put LR in the sump with no light but there will not be any coralline, etc. obviously but the nitrifying bacteria should be fine. Someone else can give their advice on this as I've never actually done it.

The Colt is "falling apart" it was fine the other day, but today it is doing pretty bad. What should I do. The nitrates are high, Ph is good, nitrites are good, and ammonia isn't bad. please someone help. thanks

ammonia isn't bad
Ammonia is either 0 or bad. What brand test are you using, also what type of lighting? Colts are generally hardy corals, is it new? (if so how did you acclimate it?) As of now, I would suggest water changes, 15-20% for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom