My fish is sick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschroller

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone
The other day I noticed that my percula clown was very listless and not eating. I got more worried when it looked like he had a white trail protruding from him (worm-like). We asked the lfs what it might be and they suggested it may be bloat. We have since then gotten medication and we are treating him. However, he has also developed another symptom. It looks like his mouth is swollen. He rarely closes it. We have been giving him the medication for four days now and he seems to be more active, but he is still not eating. Can someone please shed some light on this problem.
Thanks in advance.

I have seen the same set of symptoms in clowns before and helped save them. It is a long complicated battle that requires more than one type of treatment, following directions carefully and lots of patience. You might start by moving the fish to quarantine carefully without removing it from the water or using a net. The fish is very sick and you have to take all the precautions and effort necessary to save it. You can start with this link and then take a look at some of the other articles in the same library.
http://www.marineaquariumadvice.com/no_nets_please.html

Cheers,
Terry B

Back
Top Bottom