My lawnmower blenny Died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drillsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im wondering why, Im thinking maybe my brittle star? He was doing fine and I added brittle and he died. Im just wondering because blenny's are territoral right? My star whent in his usual place.

Unless he ran out of food which I dont think so..

I tried 2 blennies on 2 seperate occassions as I have read so many people say they are great and hardy...not for me. I gave up when the second one died. I think mine died for lack of food. Tried feeding him seaweed by using rubberband to rock...didnt work

How big was the tank and how "clean" was it?

I quite often hear people remark on them eating prepared foods but of the two I've kept and the experience of some others, I have yet to see them do so first hand. I would call those that do the exception, not the norm. They are for the most part slime/filamented algae eaters and scrape their food off surfaces in the tank. Larger tank obviously having more to offer than smaller tanks, the smaller not usually being able to sustain their diet long term. Fish will typically have to "learn" to feed from what you give them but many do not or will not. I place the Lawnmower in the category of most likely will not.

Cheers
Steve

I agree that they are fun to watch but the problem is that once the algea runs out there`s nothing to watch because they die starving to death. I`m not a big proponent of getting them for algea in the tank because when its gone so are they. In most likely hood your blennie starved to death.

Back
Top Bottom