My mushroom ate my peppermint shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cblightfoot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mushroom ate my peppermint shrimp and I think it has eaten more than this one. I didn't know this was possible. How do I stop it from happening in the future?

Attachments

• image-313739596.jpg
    image-313739596.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 85
Are you positive it ate it? I ask because I once thought this and then I saw the shrimp a couple days later. I have seen my corals eating the molts on several occasions. Also, shrimp and other invertebrates are not as sensitive to corals' sting, I see my shrimp climbing all over corals during feeding times.

Are you positive it ate it? I ask because I once thought this and then I saw the shrimp a couple days later. I have seen my corals eating the molts on several occasions. Also, shrimp and other invertebrates are not as sensitive to corals' sting, I see my shrimp climbing all over corals during feeding times.

I didn't think about the molting part. But I can't tell for sure. I got home and saw tentacles sticking out of the mushroom. I could only find 3 out of the 5 shrimps I have in my tank. So that was my first reaction. I had never heard or seen this before. Wasn't sure what to think.

Yea I thought the same thing the first time I saw it. The shrimp will hide after they molt bc that is when they're most vulnerable and peppermints are hiders already. I'm sure they'll turn up.

Nice shrooms btw!

Back
Top Bottom